Sunday, January 10, 2010

#9

yes I am on Cloud #9.Maani and I will be celebrating our 9years together on Jan11Th.
We were actually married 10 years ago on January 28Th,2000, but my parents refused to give me up that year,as I still had one last year of college left :) so poor Maani came,signed the papers for our wedding in a nice happy ceremony filled with friends and family and went back to Boston.
Then right after college ended in December 2000,our wedding reception date was set for Jan 11Th ,2001. So here we are after 9 years. So this January we will be celebrating our 9years as a couple on Jan 11Th and 10 years being married to each other on Jan 28Th.complicated,eh! LOL!
Here we are, at our wedding reception on Jan 11Th,2001.
A lot of my friends ask me ,if I had to go back and change one thing what would it be...hmmm, I say I'd go back and marry him sooner :) just so I get to spend more time with him!
Many of my friends hear me call him an angel...which he truely is...those who know him personally will agree! I wish I could have a heart like his,so kind and self less.Two of the best and rare qualities in humans.
9 Years together... and I have never seen him angry,heard him yell,gossip about anyone,discouraging,insulting or taking advantage of anyone!Most of all...he has ALWAYS supported me in anything I wanted to do...he corrected me whenever I was wrong,encouraged and praised me in more ways I can imagine.People talk about my cakes and craft skills and I thank God and then I thank Maani... for he is the one who kept telling me I could do anything!
I owe him my life...I wish I could do more for him,I wish there were more ways to thank him for what he has done and does for me everyday!
I am so glad he chose me to share the journey of his life.I don't know where I would be if I wasn't married to him.Most definitely living a miserable life :) as he is definitely a VERY unusual desi guy!I have NEVER met anyone with SO MUCH UNCONDITIONAL LOVE!!! You are definitely my angel.You most definitely deserve a much better person than me,someone who is an angel like you!
So baby! THANK YOU for choosing to spend your time with me and Waaiz ,rather than watching some silly game with your friends.THANK YOU for helping me with a million little things around the house.THANK YOU for understanding my moods and complains,and being patient with me :)
THANK YOU for being YOU!!! I love you just the way you are.
I remember a few years ago you gave me a cute little frame for our anniversary and it said something that I want to share here :) This is what my heart is singing for you and your love today.
I LOVE YOU... FOR SEEING ME AS I WISH I WERE...
FOR HEARING WHAT I MEAN AND NOT JUST WHAT I SAY...
FOR KNOWING HOW I FEEL...
FOR HELPING ME LEARN TO LOVE!
Thanks for giving me this beautiful and blessed life!
- H

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw <3
You two are meant for each other. Happy Anniversary!!!! That was so wonderful to read *tears*.

Love,
Margo

jenniferleah said...

Just beautiful :D Congrats my friend-I wish you many, many more years of happiness!