Saturday, January 9, 2010

Stuffed Chicken Breast! YUM!!!

I wanted to try something different and yummy this week and I found a similar recipe online and it used a lot of cheese,bacon and some sort of stuffing mix.I don't use any of these things,so I came up with a "healthier" version of stuffed chicken breasts.They were quick,easy and yummy.The boys LOVED them! SCORE :D
Here is how I made them.
Drizzle 1 teaspoon of Olive oil in a nice skillet,spray with Pam spray. then add about 3/4 cup of chopped onions.Saute the onions until they are tender and have a nice golden shade to them.
Then add about 3/4 cup of chopped green/red/ yellow bell pepper.I had green ones on hand,so I just added those.Stir them while you chop the rest of the ingredients :)

1/2 cup of chopped carrots went in there too .

LOTS of Mushrooms, I love mushrooms so I added about 3/4 cup of mushrooms.Add them to the skillet and continue cooking at medium high heat and stir occasionally.

W guy came in the kitchen while I was chopping parsley and he requested peas and corns to be added as well :) so I just threw in 1/4 cup of peas and 1/4 cup of corn in there too.

Then I added, salt,black pepper 1/4 Teaspoon, Cayenne pepper 1/4 Teaspoon, dried oregano and dried basil to the veggies.

Add 1/2 bunch of fresh chopped Parsley YUM!!! You can also use the dried parsley as well,but I keep fresh Parsley in my fridge all the time :)

Then I added 1 Teaspoon of Tomato paste just to give the veggies a nice tangy/sweet coating.

see the steam coming :) It smelled SO good!The veggies are half cooked at this point and now you can turn the heat OFF.

Add some chopped fresh Spinach...about 2 cups :) I love spinach so I added lots of it!Now take the mixture out in a bowl and set it aside for a tiny while so it can cool for a bit,while we work on the chicken.

I took chicken breast and cut it into thin fillets.See the thickness of the fillet! probably about 1/8" thick.
there all nice and thin :)

Since I am such a sucker for flavors..and absolutely do not like my food to taste blah..so I marinated the chicken fillets with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice,fresh crushed garlic 3 cloves(Or you can use 1 Tablespoon ginger/garlic paste) ,salt, 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper and 1/4 Teaspoon of Cayenne pepper. YUM!

After 30 mins or so...I started preheating the oven at 475'.And sprayed a Lasagna dish with PAM spray and drizzled 1/4 teaspoon of olive oil at the bottom.Take out almost half of the veggies filling in separate bowl and add 1 egg white to it and mix it well.This acts as a binding agent for the stuffing so it doesn't fall out of the chicken roll when you try to cut into it :)
Then,I took each fillet and put a heaping teaspoon of the veggie filling we made earlier and rolled it up and secured it with a toothpick.Start arranging them in your baking dish. Pour the remaining half of the veggie stuffing around the rolls in your baking dish.


Then I baked it for oh about 20 minutes.They smelled DIVINE!!! W man LOVED these...he kept checking the oven every 5 minutes just because he could hardly wait for them to be done,so he could eat these =) Maani and I really loved these as well.
Doesn't this look appetizing!

OK kids! now get in your kitchen and try this recipe.Don't forget to tell me how you liked it,if you made any changes to it to make it even more healthier and yummier!I'd love to hear from ya.

2 comments:

onmymission said...

mmmmm That looks so good ! I absolutely love your pictures to go along with the recipe ! Wish all recipes were like that ! lol

jenniferleah said...

I am SO making this for dinner tonight!! Great pics too :)