Friday, April 30, 2010

Cuppies anyone!!!

Yesterday,I was going to attend a fabulous Couponing class offered by my friend Kareah, whose birthday was last week,so i thought I'd take some cupcakes to her as a birthday treat :)
I tried two new recipes on these cupcakes...Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes and Banana Cupcakes.
Here is the recipe I used for Banana Cupcakes.
Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 ripe bananas mashed
3/4 cup sour cream
Preheat oven 350°F. In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside. Add eggs, vanilla and banana; mix well. Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream; blend thoroughly but do not over mix. Pour into prepared pans. Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on rack.
Makes 18 cupcakes.
I made half a batch.And while I was working Waaiz helped me and out of nowhere he comes up with this crazy idea of adding pineapple to the banana cupcakes...so I had to add 2 Tbsp of fresh Pineapple puree in the batter and mix it.(NOT A GOOD IDEA) haha..Sorry Kareah..the cuppies were too moist! but at least W got his wish :)
And for the Strawberry Cupcakes,I used this recipe.
Ingredients:
1 1/2 All Purpose Flour
1Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp salt
4oz butter
1 cup Sugar
1 egg
2 egg whites
1/4 milk
1/4 cup fresh Strawberry Puree'
1 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven 350°F. In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. In medium bowl, combine flour,baking powder,baking soda, and salt; set aside. Add eggs,egg whites and vanilla; mix well. Add flour mixture alternately with milk; blend thoroughly but do not over mix.Stir in Strawberry puree. Pour into prepared pans. Bake 20-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on rack.Makes 12 cupcakes.
Just look how pretty the batter looks :)
a little closer...mmmm it smells so good :)
Just in case you are wondering about the frosting :) here is the recipe.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/2 cup butter
8 oz Cream Cheese softened
4 cup powder sugar
1 Tbsp Milk
1/2 Tbsp Vanilla
1/4 cup White Chocolate melted.
Cream Butter and Cream Cheese together.add Milk and vanilla.Gradually add powder sugar.beat until combined.
Melt some white chocolate in the microwave and add that to your frosting.YUM O!!!
Here they are...see what I was talking about ...banana cupcakes being too moist..they sat in the middle :(
Now,let me warn you...NEVER sit your cupcakes to chill right next to a cupcake loving boy,you are definitely gonna end up with a few less cupcakes than you baked :)
That mischievous smile...oh yea..that's his dad's genes :D
I was so excited to use my new toy :) my Daisy Cutter set that I got this past weekend on a trip to Cake Craft Shoppe in Sugarland.I love it...it makes such pretty daisies.
t
OK kids..now go bake some cupcakes,and don't forget my birthday is coming up pretty soon...so get some yummy chocolate cuppies ready for me =)
*** Edit: RIGHT!!! I have been baking so much lately that I am definitely not in the mood to eat cupcakes for my birthday :) I'd rather eat Pizza :D ***


No comments: