Saturday, May 8, 2010

...this what I've got,there ain't no cure for :)



... I know you agree :) but I just love making my friends happy :) So, I put myself through all this.I'm telling ya...HELPLESS!!! sigh :D So here are a "few" more gum paste flowers :)

and a "few" more...
then some Tiffany blue color flowers for a chocolate brown cake,pretty!

Look who stopped by to visit me :) a butterfly on my window right by the flowers :D (Waaiz took this picture...hmmm he sure is making me proud!)

and a few more flowers...

and some pink petals waiting to be assembled into two beautiful flowers for cakes for Monica's mom and my beautiful friend Catrice.

...and of course...it is my birthday time,so I had to make cupcakes.
Oh well, I didn't HAVE to make them,its just that Waaiz asked for Red Velvet cupcakes and Maani wanted Strawberry cupcakes... wait a minute!!! I thought this is MY BIRTHDAY!!! they are the one giving me their wish lists...
I made yummy fat free,sugar free chocolate cupcakes for myself.I can't wait to try them!They smell soooooo good!!!
here is everything out of the oven...see the cookies on the side...those are for Rochelle and Peggy!!! you lucky gals :) Yummy Oatmeal Raisin cookies.
ahhh, Heaven!!!
I KNOW I KNOW... you will be asking for the recipe now...so here it is.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
  • 1 cup of butter at room temperature
  • 1 cup of brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup of white sugar
  • 2 eggs, well beaten
  • 3 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose unbleached flour
  • 1 tsp of salt
  • 1 tsp of baking soda
  • 2 tsp of ground cinnamon
  • 3
  • cups of all fashioned oatmeal
  • 1 1/2 cups of raisins
  • 1 cup of chopped walnuts
  • Cream the butter with the white and brown sugar together.

    Add the 2 eggs and cream again.

    Add all the dry ingredients and the remaining 2 teaspoons of vanilla and mix until well blended.

    Add raisins along with the nuts. Mix well.

  • Scoop out on a cookie sheet.

  • Bake at 350 degree for 10 to 15 minutes.

    After removing them from the oven, wait 3 to 5 minutes before placing them on a cookie rack to cool.

    gosh these smell SOOOO GOOD!!!

    pretty red cuppies. I know you want some ...here is how to make your own!
    Red Velvet Cupcakes
    Ingredients
    • 1 1/2 cups of sugar
    • 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter, room temperature
    • 2 eggs, room temperature
    • 2 1/3 cups of cake flour
    • 2 tablespoons of Dutch-processed cocoa powder
    • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
    • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
    • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
    • 1 cup of buttermilk*
    • 1 1/2 tablespoons of red food coloring
    • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
    • 1 teaspoon of distilled white vinegar

    *You can make your own buttermilk by adding a tablespoon of distilled white vinegar to milk and letting it stand for about 10 minutes.

    1 Preheat the oven to 350°F. Beat the butter and sugar in an electric mixer for 3 minutes on medium speed until light and fluffy.

    2 Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until each is fully incorporated. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure even mixing.

    3 In a large bowl, sift together the cake flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl whisk together the buttermilk, vinegar, vanilla extract, and red food coloring.

    4 Add a fourth of the dry ingredients and mix, then add a third of the wet. Continue adding in a dry, wet, dry pattern, ending with the dry ingredients.

    5 Scoop into cupcake papers, about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Rotate the pan after the first 15 minutes of baking to ensure even baking.

    6 Allow to cool for one minute in the pan then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cupcakes.

    FINALLY!!! just a little after midnight...everything is in the chiller and all DONE!!! Guess what?? my kitchen is spotless!!! Sure I am exhausted...but it will be all worth it,making my lovely friends happy!!!

    I hope y'all have a VERY happy Mother's day weekend.Now go bake some yummy Oatmeal Raisin cookies and some yummy cuppies for yourself and mom!!!

    No comments: