Sunday, June 27, 2010

Cherry Love,Cuppy Love...Thanks to Cake Love ;)

We try to spend our Sundays at the Bookstores or cafe,nothing beats the triple digit Texas heat than being surrounded by books,sitting in a cozy chair with the aroma of coffee all around me ... can I say Heaven!!!
I came across this book by Warren Brown,Cake Love.I have seen his videos and I made his Yellow Butter Cake a few weeks ago.I was very impressed.I wanted to learn more...so I picked up his book.I loved all the butter cake recipes...Sponges and pound cakes...not so much,as I usually don't make pound cakes or sponge cakes.
I stopped at the Cherry Chip Chocolate cupcake recipe...something about it just made me wanna try it today.Who knows if it was chocolate or the cherries :) I had to make these cupcakes.
So on our way back home we stopped at the grocery store,picked up frozen cherries and cocoa powder and then as soon as I got home I started working on these.
The smell sooooo good while they are baking! and when they come out of the oven....oooh..you will fall in love!
Here is the recipe if you like to try these.
Unbleached All Purpose Flour 5oz (1 cup)
Chopped Dried Cherries 4oz ( 1/2 cup)
Semi Sweet Chocolate chips 5oz ( 1/2 cup)
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder 1oz ( 1/4 cup)
Baking Soda 1 Teaspoon
Salt 1/2 Teaspoon
Milk 1/2 cup
Cherry Puree 1/4 cup (recipe follows)
Vanilla extract 1 Teaspoon
Butter 3oz ( 3/4 Stick)
Sugar 12 oz ( 1 1/2 cup)
Eggs 3
Egg yolk 1

Cherry Puree':
Frozen Cherries 10oz bag thawed.
Sugar 1/2 cup.
Grind frozen cherries.Put in a heavy bottom 2Qt Sauce pan and add sugar ( I didn't add any sugar- I think the fruit already has enough natural flavors...but thats just me)
stir and let it cook for 20 minutes...DO NOT LET IT BOIL.Simmer at Medium low heat.Reduce it to half quantity and then cool.
This is how it looks.

Cupcakes:
Cream butter and Sugar on medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.Add the egg yolk.Beat well.
This is how your batter will look
Meanwhile, sift all the dry ingredients.
Add the dry ingredients alternating with milk and cherry puree'.Beat 15 seconds.Dont forget to scrape the bowl.Looks yummy isn't it
Gently fold in the chocolate chips and Dried Cherries.

Get your cupcake pan ready
Scoop in your cupcake liners
and Bake for about 18 -20 minutes.
Here they are in the oven...
18 minutes later...tada!!!
they are delicious even without frosting!!! try them.

No comments: