Friday, July 16, 2010

I said,I love Pizza and I love Chocolate :D


Looks yummy, huh!
I invited my friend and her hubby over for dinner this week,I couldn't figure out what to make for a light and quick dessert...I was browsing for recipes and my friend Amanda,suggested a few things...it all boiled down to a dessert pizza or the Pizzert as you'd call it :)
Waaiz kept asking about brownies so I thought,I can make a fudgy brownie crust for our pizzert.So I looked for ingredients and this recipe took basically what you'll find sitting around in your kitchen cabinet :)
It turned out to be super yummy...very light and delicious.Try it!
Here is how to make your pizzert.Or better yet,let's just say, here is how to make your fruits unhealthy :D heehehee
You will need,
1/2 cup of All purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup butter (melted)
1 1/2 Tablespoon almond paste/almond butter/Nutella/Peanut butter (optional)

Preheat your oven at 350'F.Sift the first four ingredients.Set aside.( I was in a hurry so I didn't do that :) I just made this recipe into a one bowl brownie batter :D
Melt butter in the microwave.
Now I had this little jar of almond paste sampler...so I thought i'd use this :)
Add all the ingredients in a big bowl.Mix and prepare a 10" round pan by greasing the sides and lining it with parchment paper.
Pour the batter into your pan.Looks yummy!
Bake this on the middle rack for 18 minutes.While this is baking,prepare your "sauce" for the pizzert crust.
You will need: Basically whatever you have on hand :)
I had leftover
4oz Fat/Fun Free cream cheese,
2 Table spoon powdered sugar,
2 Tablespoon shredded coconut
and some Fun Free :) Cool Whip topping.
Mix the first 3 ingredients together in a bowl,add a few drops of Almond extract or coconut extract to compliment the almond in the crust.
Once everything is mixed in...gently fold 3 Tablespoons of cool whip. Refrigerate.
By this time,your oven timer should be beeping.Take your brownie pizza out.Let it cool on a wire rack.When it is cool enough to handle...take it out on your serving dish.
Get your toppings ready :)
Take your cream cheese sauce out and spread it on your pizzert crust.YUM!

Decorate with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Don't forget the coffee :)

2 comments:

Alima said...

Looks yummy and I can even feel how it smells yummy!!! My hubby loves pizza and he's tired of my cakes, but if I make this and say it's a pizza he should love it! What a trick, thanks for the idea!!!

Desert Rose said...

Alima Thanks for commenting :)
I hope you enjoy this dessert.Fill me in how you and your family like it.