Thursday, July 22, 2010

Okra Love! I LOVE BHINDI :D

I LOVE OKRAAAAAAAAAAA.I can't get enough of it...too bad I don't find perfectly ripe Okras to cook!But when I do! oh yea..I'm in heaven :D
Here is how I make them...try it!
You will need to wash Okras ...let them dry on a kitchen towel over night or a few hours...then chop chop!
Take about 1 large onion,cut into slices.Heat about 1 Tablespoon of oil in a skillet...
Add about 1 tsp of cumin seeds,1 tsp of Nigella Seeds( kalonji) this is what they look like.
Add, 1 tablespoon of fennel seeds.
Let them sizzle a bit...then add 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder,add the onions in there,let them cook for about 3 minutes...meanwhile grab about 3 medium tomatoes and chop chop.Set them aside.
Add 1 1/2 tsp of Cayenne peppers(red chili powder),1 tsp of coriander powder and 1 tablespoon of chopped ginger and garlic.YUM! Add the chopped tomatoes.Add some chopped JalapeƱos if you wish :) Stir.It is looking pretty !
Now take your chopped Okra...heat a tsp or less olive oil in another skillet and fry the Okra in it for about 5 minutes...Carefully take them out and add them to the onion/tomato skillet...Cover and turn the stove off.There you have it...my yummy Okra Stir fry.It is delicious.

No comments: