Thursday, July 29, 2010

Rock A Bye Baby Cake!

It has a cute little orange Teddy Bear :)
a soft hat with a pink pom pom :)
tiny baby foot prints on the floor :)
cute little flowers and soft pillow.
ruffles and ruffles...
and a napping baby too :) I love the way the fondant hat is sitting on her little head :) reminds me of W when he was a little baby,he would get so irritated because his little hat always slid down on his forehead :)
sshhhhhhh...
Its a baby crib :)
a baby crib cake :)
my first time making a crib cake ... I loved it!
oh and I made another little baby dress too :)
just thought I'd share!
Now the cake was Banana chip cake.I LOVED this new recipe that I tried...It is a combination of a few recipes I found from some books and websites...I tweaked,combined and changed recipes and made this one mine!!!
Here is how to make the banana chip cake.
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
4 large ripe bananas, mashed (ADD BAKING SODA INTO THE BANANAS)
1/2 cup sour cream or yogurt
1 cup chopped Walnuts ( I used chocolate chips)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
This was a pretty simple cake.Preheat your oven to 350'F.Prepare your pan (9"x 13" OR 3- 8" rounds)Add Baking Soda to the mashed bananas.Sift the rest of your dry ingredients.
Combine,oil,sugar,eggs and vanilla.add dry ingredients alternating with sour cream.Mix gently.Then fold the mashed bananas in the batter.
Pour batter into the pans and bake about 25-35 minutes.
Frost with you favorite butter cream.
YUM!
I love the texture and the flavor of this cake...very moist and delicious.The crumb was fine and delicate.See..
Try it and tell me how you like it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The baby you made on this cake is unbelievable... You are truly talented:)
I signed up for your emails from the WIOSM group:)

Love It:)

Cindy

Desert Rose said...

Thank you Cindy.
I am so happy you signed up.I am posting new recipes and sharing new things every week :)
Welcome to my little world.
- H