Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Grill up some yum on a rainy evening.

This one is for my friend Mikey.He asked me to share my grilled Tilapia and Chimichurri recipe.So,my friend...here it is :)
First...you take your Tilapia fillets and wash them real good.Set them in a colander and let the water drip.Meanwhile gather your marinade ingredients.
You will need,
Dried Parsley 1 Tablespoon
Cayenne pepper 1/2 tsp
salt 1/2 tsp
black pepper 1/4 tsp
paprika 1/4 tsp
to this dry mixture,add
garlic (crushed/chopped) 3 small cloves/ approximately 2 tsp
lemon juice 1 tablespoon
apple cider vinegar 1/2 tsp
Mix.

Now put the fish fillets in a nice ziplock bag and pour this marinade in the bag,coat the fish fillets completely with the mixture.Let sit in the refrigerator for about 3 hours.
When you are ready to serve dinner,fire up the grill and throw the fillets on it.Or if you got some rain like we did this evening,and preferred to stay indoors,you can get your trusty George Foreman griddle out ...I just sprayed some PAM on the surface,drizzled some Olive oil and grilled the fish at 350' for 8 minutes on each side!
See how nice and crisp it gets :)
While the fish is doing its thing...you can quickly make Chimichurri.
You will need,
1/4 cup of Fresh Parsley
1/4 cup of Cilantro
3 cloves of Garlic.
1/4 tsp of salt
1 1/2 Tblsp olive oil
2 tbsp of lemon juice.
Throw all these in the blender and give it a few spins.you have chimichurri.
Steam some Broccoli and you have what my son called a "King's Dinner"
Enjoy my friends :)
Now I also made some grilled sandwiches with the fish.My very sweet friend Cheryl taught me how to make these sandwiches,she uses Mayonnaise instead of cream cheese,these sandwiches are a favorite in the Teenbateteen household :) .....here is how you can make those.
Whole grain Bread slices
Bell Peppers,Onions cut into long thin slices
2 Boiled eggs,cut into slices
Fat free Cream cheese,2 tbsp
Chopped Chipotle peppers in a can ( you can also use chipotle sauce) 2 tsp
Mix the cream cheese and chipotle pepper sauce together.Spread it on your bread slices.arrange the bell pepper and onions,sit the boiled egg slices on them,add some cheese if you like,spread some chipotle cream cheese spread on the other slice and grill the sandwich on your GF griddle.
Your goal is to get both sides of the sandwiches nice and crispy,with a beautiful golden brown color,drizzle some Olive oil on the sandwich.These take just a few minutes to be ready and are very very yummy :) Try them!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are AMAZING!!!
- Deborah

Anonymous said...

Tilapia looks awesome! I always just put some garlic, salt, pepper and parsley/basil on top and then bake. oh and some lemon juice sometimes BUT I love your marinade recipe. I will have to try it sometime. Sam and Abby love baked Tilapia.

<3 u

Rylan said...

Awwww, thanks my friend! You know, everything you do is on my list! Yum!

Desert Rose said...

Deborah and Peggy ! THANKS A LOT!!!
Rylan,I hope you like it :)
- H