Thursday, October 28, 2010

Crazy for Chocolate.

That would be me :) I need a little bite of something chocolaty with my black coffee every night after dinner.So here it is! a bite of my healthy,low fat,low calorie chocolate bar.
I just eyeball it when I make these.Just whatever I have on hand.
Here in this pile I have, Toasted Oats about 1 cup.
lots of dark chocolate ( probably 1/2 cup),
3 Tablespoons of honey,
1 Tablespoon of sunflower seeds,
1/4 cup or chopped almonds,
1 Tablespoon of flax meal,
2 Tablespoons of TVP(textured vegetable protein)
That's about it.
Mix it all up real good.
Line your 9" round pan with parchment paper and spray some PAM on it.
Flatten the oats,chocolate mixture in your pan.Make sure it is tightly packed in there.
Bake it for 15 minutes on the middle rack in your oven at 350'F.Wait 10 minutes for them to cool after you take them out of the oven,cut into bars and leave it in the pan.Stick it in the fridge for 15 minutes.After they are nice and cold.Flip them out on a flat dish and peel the parchment.Save your bars in a zip lock bag in the fridge or in an air tight jar.
This delicious snack is sure to take care of your chocolate cravings any day :) Enjoy!

No comments: