Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hot Soup Chilly winds,Cozy Fleece Pajamas,hats and blanket :) oh how I love Winter!


Looks delicious,huh! One thing I love about Winter is the weekly soup :D I love this yummy and super easy chicken corn soup.No seriously...it is very easy.Here is how I make it.
First you make vegetable broth.I just take onion,celery bunch,2-3 carrots, 5 cloves of garlic,1 zucchini,few bay leaves, 1/4 bunch of fresh parsley,1 tsp of olive oil ,salt and black pepper and throw it in a big pot of water and let it boil for about 15-20 minutes.And you have a nice yummy vegetable stock.Strain the stock into another pot on high heat and let it come to a nice oil.It looks like this.
Now take about 3 heaped Tablespoons of cornflour and dissolve it in about 1/4 cup of tap water.
Steam about 1cup of corn in the microwave,semi mash them with a fork.set aside.Chop about 1/4 cup of carrots into tiny pieces.If you have any leftover grilled chicken,cut that into tiny cubes,you will need about 1/2 cup of cooked chicken.And about 1/4 cup of sliced mushrooms.

When your stock is starting to boil.add all the vegetables and chicken,add about 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper,1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce,1/2 Tablespoon of chili sauce.stir and add the cornflour mixture WHILE STIRRING THE SOUP! Very important! Let this boil for another 5 minutes.Your soup should be getting thick by now.
Take 3 egg whites,beat them well.add them to your soup WHILE STIRRING CONSTANTLY! Turn the stove off.
This is what mine looked like,I added some shredded cabbage,peas and some spring onions as well.YUM!!!
Put on some thick socks,some nice fleece pajamas,a warm hat and get cozy with a nice fleece blanket by the fireplace and enjoy a big bowl of this yummy soup.
What??? You haven't made your pajamas and hats yet!!! gosh...
This is what I have been up to lately.
I made a few reversible fleece hats,
One for W
One for my friend's cutie baby girl
and of course one for myself,
and Maani got two hats...I still have to take his picture wearing his hat.
And I made a fleece blanket for the super hero W.
What are your projects for the Holidays?

No comments: