Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Spring rolls :)


I KNOW I KNOW!!! I haven't blogged in like ages... but you probably know,it is the season :) to be busy! HOLIDAYS!!! so ... we shopped,wrapped lots of presents and then we went away for a week long vacation and then came Christmas and ofcourse I was baking hundreds of cookies and making little cookie baskets for friends,neighbors and work people.And then comes the best part,exchanging presents and visiting friends.So you get the idea...like everyone else,I was running around :)
I got a YUM recipe for ya! and it is not bad at all.try it...I am sure you will make it again and again.
My sweet friend D asked for the recipe ages ago...so here it is!
You will need,either the TYJ Spring Roll pastry sheets Or the Egg roll sheets.(I prefer the TYJ Spring Roll because they are thinner hence crispier)
Left over grilled chicken,tiny cubes or shreds.( 1/4 cup)
Green Peas (steam them a few minutes in the microwave)
Cabbage (shredded) 1/4 cup
Carrots ( julienne cut) 1/8 cup
Mushrooms (julienne cut) 1/8 cup
Green Bellpeppers ( julienne cut) 1/8 cup
salt and white pepper to taste.
Black pepper optional.
Spring Roll Glue: 1 Eggs+ 1 1/2 Tablespoon All purpose flour(beat well to use as the "glue" to seal the ends of the rolls)
Now roll your sleeves and get to work :) Preheat your oven at 350'F.Get a cookie sheet ready but either spraying it with PAM spray or spread a sheet of parchment paper.
Mix all the vegetables in a nice big bowl.
Add salt and pepper.
Spread the Spring roll sheet and put about a 1 tablespoon of the vegetable mixture on it.Like this :)
Now roll your spring roll sheet using these pictures as your guide :)
You can also watch this video for help.I show a different way to roll them.
Once you are done making all the rolls,Set them evenly spaced on the cookie sheet.Give your spring rolls a nice spray of PAM,you can also drizzle some olive oil on them to give them a nice crunch.
Bake them at the bottom rack for about 15 minutes and then take out the cookie sheet and give it a nice shake to roll the Spring rolls around.Bake them for another 10 minutes and Viola!!! you have healthy non friend Spring Rolls.
Dont they look YUM!!!
I hope you like this recipe.Don't forget to tell me your favorite fillings in the Spring Rolls :)
Happy healthy eating!

No comments: