Monday, February 28, 2011

Oscars,shoes and pancakes.

Guess what!!! this year I watched the Oscars for the first time...yes! first time ever,I made myself sit down and watch the ceremony...I enjoyed it,even though I didn't get a chance to watch the whole walk the red carpet,who are you wearing? part etc...blame it on my "I'd rather be doing something creative than watch some silly TV show, philosophy.
Every one has their favorite dresses and people from the Oscar night,what and who was yours? My favorite thing from the Oscars ceremony was the sparkly pumps that Anne Hathaway wore with that silly Tuxedo outfit...did you notice them? I DID! of course...
Anne Hathaway Oscars 2011
Here is some more dirt on those shoes and the designer.
I do have kinda similar pumps...so these made me extra happy.Mine are H by Halston,designed by none other than Sarah Jessica Parker.
Here are those cute thangs!
and if you are my friend...you know I usually pay $10-$12 for shoes that retail for $80 ;)
Anyways, back to the health stuff... So I got this email from Cindy Whitmarsh with lots of health tips,workouts and recipes.And in there was a recipe for yummy and healthy pancakes with whole wheat flour! YUM.They were SUPER delicious.
and he gave them thumbs up
Here is W enjoying his Saturday brunch!
look at his plate :)

I know now you are craving for some fluffy pancakes...OK,here is how to make them

1-cup whole- wheat flour

3/4 t. baking soda

1/2 t. ground ginger
1/2 t. ground cinnamon
1/4 t. ground cloves
3/4 t. salt
2 t. instant decaffeinated coffee powder
1/4 cup hot water
2 egg whites, beaten
6 oz. frozen unsweetened apple juice concentrate, undiluted
2 T. corn oil
Fresh apple butter, optional

1. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt in a large mixing bowl. In another smaller bowl, dissolve the instant coffee in the hot water. Add the egg, apple juice concentrate, and melted margarine and mix well. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just enough to moisten the dry ingredients. The mixture will be lumpy.

2. Spray a hot skillet or griddle with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon the batter, 1/4 cup at a time, onto the hot griddle. Cook until the top of each pancake is covered with tiny bubbles and the bottom is brown. Turn and brown the other side.

3. Place 2 pancakes on each plate and serve with Fresh Apple Butter if desired.

Serves 8.
Serving size: 2 pancakes Calories: 262

Fat: 8g

NOTE: I made a few changes to the recipe.

I used skimmed milk for the liquids and did not use any spices.Instead I used 1 tsp of Vanilla extract! YUM

Enjoy and don't forget to check out Cindy's website.She is AMAZING fitness instructor!

Oh and while you are there...check out the testimony section for my story :)


No comments: