Friday, March 25, 2011

mmmmm CHOCOLATE!!! Healthy and Good for you.

Many of my friends know about my love for exercisetv and their fabulous trainers.You guys should totally check out exercisetv's quickie chick,Laurel House. She makes fabulous bites with benefits dishes, that are good for you and amazingly YUMMY!!!
She posted a recipe for yummy chocolate cupcakes that are better and lighter.And mentioned something about them being addictive- got my attention right there.
Here is her original recipe.She uses a yummy peanut butter frosting for these cupcakes.I haven't tried the frosting yet.Two reasons,(a) I don't let anything come between me and my chocolate treat,not even frosting. (b) I am not a big frosting fan.
Here is my take on these cuppies( I made a cake instead of cupcakes,so I can cut it into slices and freeze them for rewards and treats for reaching goals and working out regularly).
You need,
1 3/4 cup All Purpose flour (I used Whole Wheat Flour)
1/2 cup Whey Low( I didn't have any Whey Low on hand so I used brown sugar)
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup skimmed milk (I used Silk,Almond milk,YUM!!!)
1 cup Fat free Yogurt
2 eggs
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tsp Almond extract
1 cup hot coffee
Pre heat oven to 325' F. prepare your cupcake pan with cupcake liners,or just use a loaf or cake pan and spray with PAM.
Mix eggs,yogurt(sour cream) and Vanilla in a big bowl,beat well.

Mix skimmed milk,oil and cocoa powder together.
add hot brewed coffee to it.mmm looks like hot cocoa.
add that to your egg and yogurt mixture.Add sugar and beat well.
now dump the flour,baking soda,baking powder and salt.
Mix and pour in your pan or cupcake liners.Cupcakes should be ready in 20 minutes at 325'F.Loaf pan took the same time.
I couldn't resist...I had to take a picture of it while it was baking.oh the wait!
waiting...for it to cool down a little bit.
ahhhhhh FINALLY!!! I can have my treat with my mug'o hot black coffee.YUM! dont forget the strawberries.
Is it bad,if I tell you I ate this for dinner and breakfast the next morning :D it is THAT good.I made this for myself as a treat for reaching my goal.I set a goal related to my running and when I reach it,it is TREAT time!What keeps you motivated? tell me :)
Try this recipe...kids will love it.No one will taste the "healthy" taste in them,I promise!

No comments: