Thursday, August 11, 2011

Oats,Cinnamon,Carrots and Chocolate truffles.mmmmm

Oh dear, I haven't been blogging lately,missing something! I am so sorry,I missed it.But,I have a million pictures saved on my computer to be posted here.Lots of new recipes.lots of yummies.
So much going on.Plus this hot weather.oh my!I hope this ends soon and we get some much needed rain.It's just so sad to see all the trees and plants just dying :(
On a happy note,I have so many new things going on.W started 4th grade and in a few weeks life gets even busier with swimming,sports,Arts and Science classes.FUN! He and I are going to be very busy.
Ramazan started on August 1st. So I have been fasting,the best part is that I haven't missed a day or my workouts and runs.wooohooo!!! yayyy ME! even in these triple digits hot days I still workout.I love it!!!
And yes lots of new recipes I came up with :) I will be sharing them all here one by one.
So,I was eating my regular breakfast,oatmeal and almonds with skimmed milk ,apples etc etc and for no reason started munching on a lonely chunk of carrot sitting on the countertop. mmmm it was delicious. So I thought why not make Oatmeal/Carrot cookies! Here they are.Plus,I added a surprise in there too :)
Don't they look delicious...
Start with 1 stick of butter at room temperature.Add 1 cup brown sugar.Beat this for about 3 minutes till light and fluffy.
Now to this, add an egg,1/2 tsp of good cinnamon and 1 tsp of good pure vanilla extract.
Mix well,about 2 minutes.
Have about 1 1/2 cup of grated carrots ready.You can squeeze out the moisture from them.
Now as I was putting the left over carrots back in the refrigerator,I saw these chocolate truffles just getting bored.tada! they are going in my cookies.
Take about 7 truffles and chop them. (you can drool at this point and sneak a truffle or two,heehee)
Now take about 1 1/4 cup Whole Wheat flour and about 1 cup of Oats.Add 1 tsp baking powder and a pinch of salt.Stir to combine.
Add Oats/flour mixture,chocolate and about 1/2 cup chopped nuts(almonds or walnuts) to the butter/sugar mixture.Mix well.
Add grated carrots.Mix with a spatula.
Gorgeous cookie dough!
Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.Meanwhile clean up and take care of the dishes.After that preheat your oven to 375'F.Scoop out cookies on a parchment lined cookie sheet about 1" apart.Flatten the cookies a bit.
Bake for about 10- 12 minutes,depending on how big the cookies were.And enjoy with a nice big mug o' black coffee.YUM! The perfect combination of this slight crunch of carrots,chewy oats and gooey chocolate truffle...mmmm Won't be able to stop at one or two of these :)
Till next time,see ya!
Dirty Bit:
If you wish to make these a little low fat and low calorie,Add Smart balance instead of butter (or 1/2 cup applesauce and 1/2 cup smart balance) cut the amount of sugar or use Stevia and use 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chunks.

No comments: