Tuesday, December 25, 2012

mmmm Cinnamon Rolls :)

Happy Holidays y'all!!! 
 I am enjoying all the blessings God has sent my way!!! We are blessed beyond our imagination,all of us- each and every one of us.
 Thankful for the blessing of vacation time so Maani can spend a day at home,thankful for the blessing of having a home,heat,food and warm cloths.I keep thinking about the less fortunate people who don't have a home or warm cloths.
 We have snow around our home today.Winds are gusty and freezing.And I sit in my home knitting away! I still have tons of knitting to do before I finish all my orders.yayyy
 This morning,I made cinnamon rolls for the boys.Well, they were more for me :D but I knew they'd enjoy them too :)
So I used "the gracious pantry's" recipe  and it turned out AWESOME!!! I am in love :D
 They are the most delicious cinnamon rolls ever.They are so delicious even without the frosting and the sticky-ness.

First off... I added about 2 tsp of yeast in warm water and added 1 tbsp of honey.And gave it a few minutes to rise while I measured the other wet ingredients.

Then I added the dry ingredients. I used Whole grain pastry flour.
 the other wet ingredients,skimmed milk,egg,almond extract and olive oil.

pour everything in the dry ingredients and mix them using the dough hook.

 I ran the mixer for a good 10 mins.I had to add a little more flour ask it was a VERY sticky dough.
 15 glorious minutes of kneading!!! tada... definitely loving my KA Stand mixer.
 Then, I let the dough sit in a warm place for an hour.After that punched it down a little bit and let it rise again for an hour ( all night )
Next morning, I turned the oven ON at 375'F and  rolled the dough on a flour dusted surface,
gave it a layer of honey,sprinkled some cinnamon, added some chopped walnuts and some raisins.
and rolled it into a log.
I cut the dough into 1" thick slices and set them in a baking dish sprayed with PAM spray.And let them sit out on the counter top for about 15 minutes or if you have time, you can leave them for an hour.
an hour later,tada!!! they took over the empty space in the dish.
Bake them for about 14 minutes...

...and enjoy!!! 

 take a closer look :) 
 they are disappearing fast :)
 Thank you so much Gracious Pantry for this FAB recipe!!!
Cinnamon Roll Ingredients
1 packet active dry yeast
1/2 tsp. honey
1/8 cup warm water (100 – 115 degrees F)
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup honey
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. olive oil + a little extra on reserve
1 egg
3 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
Have a blessed day y'all!

No comments: